Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just to let you know, the Tigers Amateur Analysis Glossary will be up in a couple days. In the meantime, I have been paying attention to the Spring Training games, but it’s too early to form any sort of conclusions about anyone yet. And now half the team’s off with the World Baseball Classic. I do plan on following the WBC, but I’m not sure how much I’m going to be able to actually watch it, what with school, work, following the Tigers still in camp, and time zone differences. I do have MLB.tv, so that’ll help. Of course, I have plenty of reason to root for Team USA and Venezuela, and I’d like to root for Puerto Rico as well, just for old time’s sake. Speaking of Venezuela, the Tigers will be playing them in an exhibition game today, which will be bizarre, to say the least, especially since their starting pitcher will be Armando Galarraga. That creates quite a dilemma. Spring Training or no, I’d still like the Tigers to win (i.e. pitch well, hit well, field well, etc), but I don’t exactly want the guy who was their best pitcher last year to get shelled either. As far as Galarraga goes, I still don’t have any sort of hunches (good or bad) about how he’ll do in the regular season, but for some reason, I just don’t feel like he’s going to do that well in the WBC. If that’s the case, then hopefully he’ll learn from it and be able to make the adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment