Sunday, May 3, 2009

Granderson to the Rescue


Photo: AP

Short wrap-up today, as I kinda slacked off this morning and as a result, I don’t have much time. At any rate, as I stated yesterday, I missed the beginning of the game due to being at work, so as I was driving home, the Indians were just beginning THEIR five-run fifth (Also, it took me a ridiculously long time to find out that Adam Everett had hit a grand slam). I did not see the rally as it happened (cuz I made the decision to change clothes before turning the TV on), but apparently they must have hired that scorer from the Angels series. At least, from the replay I saw, that should’ve been an error on Ryan Raburn, who has not looked good in the outfield so far. As a result, the game became a back-and-forth slugfest, but when you think about it, that’s kinda been your typical Tigers-Indians game over the past two years. Luckily, the Tigers came out on top, and after giving up a go-ahead run, Joel Zumaya settled down and looked real good. And Curtis Granderson saved the day with his home run off Betancourt (anytime you can pummel Betancourt is a good day)

Today, we’ve got one of those big hyped-up pitching matchups, this time Justin Verlander and Cliff Lee. Both came out of the gate this year struggling, but Cliff Lee seemed to find his form a couple starts ago, and Justin was tremendous against the Yankees last time. The Indians have hammered him over the past few years, but he can SOMETIMES beat them at Comerica Park. So we’ll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment