Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome to Spring Training 2011


At long last, spring training is underway. Personally, I feel as though I’ve had to make my way through the Sahara only to fight in some big epic movie-type battle in which I took on casualties. And so I feel bruised, bloodied, burned, and exhausted, but I made it. I swear, the offseason gets more stressful with each passing year. At any rate, as spring training picks up, the activity on this blog should do likewise. At this point, there aren’t a lot of compelling storylines to monitor, other than perhaps second base, the last couple spots on the roster, and praying that no one in the starting rotation gets injured because otherwise we’re screwed. Right now, my opinion on how this team will compete is still cautious, because even though the pieces are there for a good season, I do see several areas where things can potentially go wrong. Hopefully I’ll have a better feel for things once we get deeper into spring training. In the next few days I’ll be updating and posting my yearly introduction FAQ. Most of you are probably already well-acquainted with me, but I might have some new readers (who are probably quite confused by now). I’ll also re-post the glossary, but I’ll probably just link to the fashion guide because it’s long, I have nothing new to add to it, and it’s a pain in the ass to format.

I also have one site issue to address. I am aware that if you view this blog in Internet Explorer, you see a gray box with a “play” icon beneath the title of every post. It looks like an embedded video but it’s not connected to any file. I have no idea why they are there, and I have no idea how to get rid of them (Since it doesn’t show up in the post’s HTML and it won’t even let me edit posts in Internet Explorer). I have contacted Blogger about the problem, but not surprisingly, they haven’t gotten back to me. This is annoying because it makes my blog look unprofessional and I can’t fix it. In the meantime, though, the boxes do not show up in Firefox or Google Chrome, so feel free to use one of those browsers.

No comments:

Post a Comment